Friday, September 17, 2010

Some pretty amazing women!

I know many wonderful, talented, beautiful women.  The Lord must have known I would need lots of examples, in my friends and family. I am truly blessed to have been born into family full of so many amazing women!  Each is unique, super talented,and have taught me so much.  They each make me want to be a better woman, wife, daughter, sister, mom, and daughter of God. 
This is my youngest sister, Tiffany.  She is so passionate about her hobbies.  When she decides to do something she attacks it with a vengeance.  She is very loving and gentle.
My sis in law, Debbie.  She is such a hard-working, patient Mom.   I'm so glad Jared chose to bring her into our family!

The girl on the right is my sister, Sheri.  No one is allowed to take her picture...so this one will have to do!  Sheri gives everything she has to those she loves.  Even if it means she will be making huge sacrifices.

My oldest sister, Valerie.  She is an example of faith, strength and service.  Even during a very difficult time in her own life she looks for ways to serve others. 

My mom, Stella.  There are no words to tell all I've learned from her.  I know she doesn't always think much of her mothering skills... but if I can be half the mom she's been I'll be grateful!  She has made so many sacrifices on behalf of her children.  She has taught me to love the Gospel and to hold tightly to it, in sunshine or shadows.

I pray that I can be more like the wonderful women in my family.  I love you all very, very much!


5 comments:

Us said...

Our family does have a lot of great women in it, doesn't it. I'm also glad I found Debbie. Now, who will blog about you?

Stella Andes said...

If I had a blog, I would blog about you too. You're amazing! Thanks for painting me in such a flattering light. Love you!!!

Valerie said...

What a beautiful post full of nice thoughts about all of us. Thank you. And you are so, so amazing yourself!

Very sneaky way to post a pic of Sheri. :)

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Thanks for all your nice comments. Any good qualities i may have are attributed to the ladies who have taught me... you ladies and gentlemen.

Tiff :o) said...

Good thing you wrote this post before I broke your child or you wouldn't have been able to say I was gentle. lol

Love you, Heather. You're an amazing woman too.